Wednesday, 1 January 2014

730 - New Year's Resolutions

If you've been reading this blog for a while you may know it was all started to keep track of my New Year's Resolutions. While I've never managed to finish all the things I set out of myself, it's still fun to challenge yourself throughout the year.

I didn't do any last year, mainly focused on trying to use a lot of my crafting supplies and buying less things. Not sure if that totally worked. Though I had discovered I can make a lot of things I have Pinterest pinned without actually making the trip to Hobbycraft. And when I first lost my job I did beast through a load of free craft kits. So maybe I didn't do too bad.

This year however, I wanted to start doing them again, even if this year's list is a hell of a lot shorter than I'm used to! 

So here are my goals for this year. Bring it on!

  1. Use my art supplies. I have so many lovely art supplies in a box, some of which I've never used. Alongside my sketch a day project I'll be doing, I want to try and use all my lovely things and draw a lot. Plus it will be nice to try new things and see if they work for me.
  2. Learn to play my keyboard. I loved playing the keyboard when I was younger but I've not practised properly in ages. I also treated myself to a new sexy one a couple of years ago as my old one broke, so I would love to get quite good at it, practise a lot and learn to play actual songs on it. 
  3. Purge myself of free craft kits. I'm stopping getting craft magazines this year (hopefully, if I can make myself give up Mollie Makes) to save space, stop having a huge collection of free kits and actually give myself a chance to make some of the projects instead of just creating an ever-expanding library, so ideally I'd love to clear out all the free kits I've got from magazines so far. 
  4. Try and watch all the DVDS I own but haven't seen. 
  5. Try and read all the books I own but haven't read. Both of these are due to my hoarding nature, where I keep buying new DVDs and new books even though I haven't read/watched the old ones. It would be nice to clear the backlog and also give me the chance to get rid of ones I don't like and create more space. 
So there you go, not much, but things I really want to focus on. I think 5 is more achievable than my usual 20/30 odd I've had the last couple of years. 

3 comments:

  1. These all look like sensible, achievable resolutions - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! They sound fab! =)

    ReplyDelete