727 - A Sketch a Day

December 18, 2013
Sorry I've not posted in so long. It's not that I'm not crafting, because I am. It's just that all the things I'm making are for Christmas so I can't show them to anyone yet! How annoying! Hopefully after Christmas a more normal posting schedule will resume.

Anyway, today's post is about an idea I've seen in a couple of different places, and that is a sketch a day. It's basically exactly what it sounds like. You draw something everyday, for a certain time period. I've decided to try and do it every day next year.

I love drawing and I definitely don't do it enough, because I always think I have to make this huge amount of time for it. I have so many arty supplies that sit unloved. Well in addition to them getting used a lot more next year, (more on that later) I also want to do this daily sketch challenge. I think it'll be a great way to practise drawing things I maybe wouldn't always draw and create something new everyday, without it being a huge piece. They can just be pen or pencil sketches, or something totally coloured in, we'll see!

So I bought myself a new diary, with a page per day, so I can draw something every day and have them all in the one place.

Sketch a day 2014

Sketch a day 2014

Sketch a day 2014

I made a nice cover page for it and ripped out all the normal pages diaries have that I didn't need for drawing. I'm so excited to start!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.