709 - Have you seen a girl with hair like this?

October 12, 2013
So a little while ago one of my friends was hosting a Heroes vs Villains fancy dress party. After much deliberating between the costume I already owned and the fact I didn't want to wear a wig, I decided to dress up as Ramona Flowers. I mean, she must have had red hair at one point in her life right?
Turns out I already had the clothes to cobble together a Ramona Flowers outfit, but the main part was making the giant hammer. What started off as a cardboard box, a brush handle and 3 rolls of silver tape was knocked together to make myself a giant hammer.

Ramona flowers hammer. :)

I was quite happy with how it turned out. I also made myself a star handbag by drawing a star on some extra cardboard and taping it to a blue bag I had (you can see it in the photos below).

So here are some photos of me from the nights, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Attempt at Ramona's hair with long bits at the front.

Ramona outfit

Ramona outfit

Ramona outfit

Ramona outfit

Ramona outfit

And here's the photo of Ramona I was going for, in case you have no idea what she looks like.


Image via

2 comments:

  1. Your costume is so awesome!! I am seriously so impressed with that hammer too ... but I must admit I spent *a lot* of time staring at your bookcases! They are so wickedly nerdy!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much. I'm happy it looked good, though like noone at the party knew who I was ha ha! And thanks, yeah people do end up like just starting at them if they come to visit, we've crammed a lot of stuff on there!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.