701 - Jammer Identifiers

September 18, 2013
Part of being a jam ref in roller derby is wearing a coloured identifier on your wrist so you know which team you're following that half, and so the team also knows which ref to pay attention to when they need to do things like call it off.

A while ago Donald has asked me if I could maybe make him a set, and I said yes, and then never did it. Another crafty ref, Wendy, from FVRG had knitted our league a set of lovely identifiers, so I asked her for her pattern and had a shot.

I went with 40 stitches, with a 2 knit, 2 purl pattern on 5mm needles, as advised by Wendy.

Knitted identifier

Knitted identifier

I think it turned out quite well, but I have to say it was quite boring to knit. I think because it was just a tube and nothing else, and it was just the same stitches over and over again, I wasn't too keen to make any more. So I gave Donald the green one, which was the main colour he needed for his team. And then I advised him to maybe buy some sweatbands off Ebay, because I want to knit fun things ha ha! But hey, at least I had a shot!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.