Sunday, 15 September 2013

700 - Knitted Gloves

So in a lead up to being able to hopefully making my awesome knitted sweater kit from Betta Knit, I decided to have a shot at knitting something that was sort of outside of my usual comfort zone, but hopefully not make me want to give up knitting forever. As I have a lot of free wool from knitting magazines, I decided to have a look through them and found this cute fingerless glove pattern.

Having a bash at these today #whatamithinking #knittingishard

I was a little worried about them to be honest, but I managed to make them and I've never been more happy! They involved some increasing that I've never done before (make one) and also putting stitches on a stitch holder so I could make the thumb, which was scary! But anyway, here they are.

Knitted gloves

Knitted gloves

Knitted gloves

I'm very impressed with myself I have to say, and they were very fun to make. I'm hoping that if I can make these I'm one step closer to making my awesome sweater.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! You did an amazing job. Keep working on your knitting and I am sure you will have no problem making a sweater. Sometimes knitting can be scary when we are learning to do something new, but that's what makes it so fun. You get to see awesome end results like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! SO good! Especially for your first try, mine would be awful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I've decided just to go for it and if I stuck, look a stitch up, and it seems to be working well so far! Yeah I totally have the fear because I still can't fix mistakes and have to take it to my mum ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete