There are some things that I craft and I just can't wait to be done with them. This pouch was one of those things. I got this pouch kit free with my Stitch! book. In fact it's the project featured on the cover. The stitching section of it was very easy, but when it came to sewing it together. Oh lord!
Now I love Cath Kidston, and I think I have all her books, but some of the instructions sort of make my head spin. Combined with my bad habit of skimming things, I had to try and attach the zip about four times (though 1 or 2 of those times were the fault of my sewing machine just giving up).
Though I have to say the zip eventually turned out a lot better than my last zip attempt, so I got there eventually. There are a few puckers in the fabric close to the zip, but because the fabric was getting a bit frayed due to my many attempts, I decided it was best to leave them in. Anyway! Let's see the finished purse.
I've decided to use it to keep some kits and pieces in my embroidery bag together as they just sort of rattle around at the moment.
I am happy with the way it turned out, but making it was quite stressful! Phew!