692 - Totoro coasters

August 22, 2013
Last month it was my friend and fellow ref Mag's birthday and we all went out to the Jekyll and Hyde in Edinburgh for some drinks. Not to be one to turn up without a present, and my love of crafting, meant I had to make something to bring along. From some Facebook stalking I knew Mags liked Studio Ghibli, so I made her some Totoro coasters.

Totoro coasters

Totoro coasters

Totoro coasters

Totoro coasters

Totoro coasters

I made the coasters using the pattern from these coasters here.


But I swapped up the border colours to make them look more like a set, and also made Totoro grey instead of blue. The birthday girl was very happy and I got to craft something awesome. Win win.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! The catbus' smile is perfect ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy was an understatement. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them!! are they justfused t8gether by cooking in the oven?xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :) Nah they're just very carefully ironed together with greaseproof paper over the top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those coasters are awesome! I like your color scheme a lot- they make a nice set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I thought they looked more complete this way :) x

      Delete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.