691 - Sorry about the mess...

August 19, 2013
This month marked the last night that my friend Matt was a DJ at Decade, a monthly pop-punk, emo and hardcore night run at Studio 24 in Edinburgh.

Matt is one of my really good friends, and I met him when he was DJing at the Hive on a Tuesday night. I was so sad when I heard Matt was giving up, and as I missed his last night at the Hive, I decided to make him a leaving present to mark his last Decade (though obviously I'm still going to see him a lot).

Music means a lot to me, especially pop-punk/emo music. Nights at the Hive are where I met so many people (including Donald) and certain songs just bring back such good memories.

I decided to cross-stitch Matt (also known as Matt 27) a sampler with quotes from some of the best songs that get played on a night out. Ones that make me shout louder than the music and ones that bring us all together on the stage.


Pop-punk sampler

Pop-punk sampler

Pop punk sampler

I came up with as many quotes as I could fit into the A4 frame I bought, and made the pattern using this awesome text tool I found online.

I stitched this for about a week and a half straight, and I am insanely happy with how it turned out. I love the colours and the font too. I love when things turn out even better than I would have thought.

Can you guess all the songs I've quoted in the sampler? If not, I've made a video playlist of them all below. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. "I stitched this for about a week and a half straight"
    What?!?
    Thanks so much though, was hugely appreciated!
    (also, we actually met at hive on a monday night when myself and AJ ran that games night thing! haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha oh yeah guitar hero! Still the hive tho :) well about a week and a half from start to finish whenever I had time, so mostly when I should have been at work ha ha :)

      Delete
  2. love it and love all the songs!! the taste of ink lyric gets me shouting.every.time.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Love that song so much. Once someone played it at 4 in the morning and I went mental ha ha :)

      Delete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.