671 - Cross stitch bookmark

June 20, 2013
Before I show off pictures of this lovely cross stitch bookmark, can I just say that this was literally one of the worst kits I've ever used.

I ran out of three colours of thread, so I had to go and buy new ones. The piece of fabric was cut so squint that I literally had to stitch right at the edge while was delightful. And finally, when it came to sticking the cross stitch on to the carboard bookmark, it was far too big! It went over the hole the ribbon was supposed to go in! I mean REALLY?!? I don't know if the carboard was too small or if the stitch count was bigger than it should have been, but either way it didn't fit.

All that aside, here's the finished kit.

Bookmark

I'm very pleased with the actual stitching. No back stitch which was lovely and all the problems aside, it still obviously fuctions as a book mark. Whoop.

7 comments:

  1. I tried to do that kit, too, and it was awful! My stitch didn't fit on the cardboard at all, though, so I just thought that they'd sent the copies of the magazine with bad kits in them to America. XD Your finished stitching looks lovely, either way! I admire your persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha nope clearly all a bit rubbish. Yeah I always try to finish stuff if its going to work so I don't waste stuff but this was close to getting binned a few times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect! I ran outta some of the threads and got annoyed with it so mine looks nothing like it's meant to, but I dont care!What glue did u use to stick it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used double sided tape because it seems to work well with cross stitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it wasn't just me! I've noticed that they skimp a bit on the cross stitch kits a lot :( would some spare floss really kill them! Oh and the best part was that my card stock wasn't even a rectangle! Yours came out so nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just finished a kit I bought in a charity shop that was from Cross Stitcher back in 2006 and the kit was like insanely better. Extra floss, nice soft floss, correctly cut fabric and it wasn't all hard and stiff like the stuff we get now. I have a read a lot of stuff online about peopel saying their kits have gone down in quality and it seems it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found a thing on their Facebook page that said they were aware the fabric was too big a stitch count to fit on the cardboard. Doh. Wish I had seen that before I started!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.