649 - Knitted Bunny

May 07, 2013
If you know anything about my knitting adventures, you'll know that I've not had the best time when it comes to the old knitting needles. After getting sort of quite good at crochet, I decided to give a little more advanced knitting a try. And when I say advanced, I mean a children's knitting kit.

Craft books

Yes it's a children's kit, but it did have things like decreasing and increasing, so I thought it was a good way to get used to it. So here's my little bunny, all finished.

Knitted rabbit

Knitted rabbit

Knitted rabbit

Knitted rabbit

And here he is with my other homemade friends.

Knitted rabbit

He does look a little more deformed than the one on the box, but I didn't make as many mistake as I thought I would. His ears are wrong because the pattern said "Row 1-14: K1 P1 K1 P1 K1" but it turned out they wanted you to rib stitch and swap round to P1 K1 P1 K1 P1 on the alternate rows. I thankfully got this right for the scarf, but alas the ears look a little wrong. Definitely should have been more clear on how to do the alternate rows (especially because it's aimed at kids!), because I didn't even realise it was wrong till I looked at the photo.

I also stopped the scarf at 60 rows because it was supposed to be 80 rows, but I thought it looked long enough as it was. But it's the best knitting I've ever done and I made shapes! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. I would have never noticed any mistakes in the ears, and I think they look great. You did a fantastic job, I always have trouble knitting toys.

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.