644 - Sublime Stitching Cushions

April 29, 2013
Sometimes I buy a craft kit so awesome that I don't want to do it until I'm REALLY in the mood to do it, in case I ruin it. This was true for the Sublime Stitching shy guy and girl pillow cases I bought a little while ago. I didn't think I had bought them that long ago, but when I checked it was about a year so I thought I should probably get on them.

Here's what they look like plain.


Sublime Stitching Goodies

Sublime Stitching Goodies

After much stitching, washing, ironing and stuffing cushions into them, I can finally say they are done!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

After I had finished the boy I realised I managed to stitch him to look exactly like the Joker. Whoops. I'm so happy with how they turned out, and even happier than the washable ink I stitched over actually disappeared when I washed them.

That green thread was a bit of a nightmare though as it's so soft and had popped out in a few places (one of which you can see in the photo on his hair whoops!) so that required a few fixes, but the colour was just so cool. It seems all my knots (I know I shouldn't be knotting) came loose in the wash.

Despite owning a few books and patterns, this is actually the first Sublime Stitching thing I actually stitched but I've very happy with it. Now these awesome cushions can live proudly on our bed. Woo!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.