641 - First ref bout

April 23, 2013
So a couple of weeks ago I reffed my first public bout. It came around a lot quicker than I thought it would, and I literally got asked the week before but it was exciting none the less. I reffed a men's bout (ah!) which was the Jakey Bites vs South Wales Sillures. It was a VERY fast game and I probably didn't see half the things that were going on but it was so much fun. I outside pack reffed, which is different for me as I usually jam ref but it's good to get practise at everything.

Anyway, here are some photos of me reffing. Not many actions shot as the OPRs usually escape the photos but I'm exciting for stripe photos none the less.

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    You Reffed my team mates!
    I skate with Cardiff Roller Girls and our Head Ref is Marc of the Beast who skates with SWS!
    I have read your blog for a while! Roller Derby is a small world!
    L xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha it really is! That's so cool! Aww the boys were lovely, if it was a lot scarier than a girl's game. Lots of apex jumps! Ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.