640 - Rose buttons

April 22, 2013
A little while ago we got a set of vintage style rose buttons free in Mollie Makes magazine. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them till I saw this on the Little Lovelies blog.



While she the above picture uses fake flowers, I thought the rose buttons would be awesome for this. It's taken me ages to actually getting around to doing it, but I thought I would had a bash this weekend.

Rose button embroidery

Rose button embroidery

Rose button embroidery

I just finished off the back by pulling it together, as I didn't want to risk ruining it gluing felt on the back, which I sometimes end up doing with other ones. I also got to look up my sewing encylopedia to see how to sew on a shank button, so that was exciting.

2 comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.