633 - Crochet stool love

April 09, 2013
I'm so happy. I finally finished my granny rectangle stool cover. And I love it. I love it when stuff works out.

Here's a picture of the stool I posted on my blog a while ago.

Stool

This stool cover has been in my mind for a long time to jazz up this stool. So here's the finished result.

Crochet stool

Crochet stool

Crochet stool

I was worried for a little while it was going to be too big, but I somehow managed to make it fit on it own. To start with the long lengths were too long and the short lengths were too short!

The first two of the last four rounds just had one set of triple crochets into the corner, instead of the normal two to make it pull in a little. Then for the last two of the last four rounds I didn't do the single chain between the triple crochets to pull it in even more. Finally I finished with a row of double crochet.

I did the last few rounds at my mum's and just guessed what I thought was right, so I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it for size.

Love it! And two and a half years after inheriting the stool, I've finally made the new cover I promised for it.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! that is gorgeous I love it!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's maybe a bit squint where I had to pull it into place but does the job :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! I love it, so many pretty colors in one place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It was a good stash burner too :)

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.