593 - Card case

January 29, 2013
After the fail that was the snowman on Sunday night I decided to make something nice to restore my faith in craft. After all, it's been a while since I made something new.

I decided to make a travel card case from a kit I got free in Mollie Makes. I have a pass at work I need to use to swipe in and out of the building, so it's something I do have use for.

Pass case

Pass case

Pass case

My relationship with my sewing machine never really gets any better. It still gives me the fear! But I made this on it and it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. At one point I thought I had screwed it up totally. I also managed to sew one piece of the ribbon on to the wrong side of the acetate, which maybe looks a bit wrong.

From the outside, I think it looks lovely. The fabric is nice and my stitches seem quite straight. On the inside is a different story but stitching with acetate and ribbon was a very hard process, and one I'm not in a rush to do again any time. I was hoping the contrasting yellow standing out would look fine, but because I went squint a lot it's maybe a bit mental. I also wish my overlapping edges could have been neater.

Still, it does the job and my work pass fits in it so all is well. The photos actually make it look messier than it is. I will get to grips with my sewing machine one day!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.