564 - Bake Once a Month December

December 24, 2012
So as it's the festive season, I decided to leave my Christmas baking until the end of the month. This month I baked three different things, though one of them was from a supermarket box kit so it doesn't count.

1) Gingerbread house.

I bought this box kit from Asda because I've always wanted to do a gingerbread house but I don't actually like gingerbread. Luckily Donald does, so he got to eat this one all to himself.

Gingerbread house

Gingerbread house

Gingerbread house

Gingerbread house

Gingerbread house

2) Brown sugar spiced shortbread.

I've been dying to make some Christmas biscuits to use my lovely cookie cutters I bought last year, so I decided some festive shortbread was in order. They're made with brown sugar (I used dark instead of light), so that's why they look so dark, they're not burnt I swear.

You can find the recipe for these here.

Christmas baking

3) Christmas cake.

After last year's failed Christmas cake, and the fact my boyfriend doesn't like normal fruit and marzipan Christmas cake, I decided to just make a nice sponge cake with jam and butter icing so I would at least have something to put my retro looking decorations on. My cake skirt was a bit too small for it so I didn't use it, but I think it would have got covered in jam anyway, so it's probably for the best.

I got the recipe for this cake from The Perfect Baking Cookbook by Next.

Christmas baking

Christmas baking

Christmas baking

Phew! Anyway, it's Christmas Eve today! I'm so excited!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.