492 - Sheepish Yarn Bombing

October 04, 2012
So last week, Meredith over at One Sheepish Girl announced that Saturday was going to be Sheepish Yarn Bombing day and that as many people as possible should join in and yarn bomb.

Yarn bombing is something that I've always wanted to do, but never really got around to doing. So I thought this would be the perfect chance. You can see a round up of everyone's results here on One Sheepish Girl, but I thought you would like to see some photos of my yarn bombing.

I decided to knit a swatch using sort of chunky wool with huge knitting needles so it was pretty quick and easy to make. Win.

Knitting my swatch up for sat's #sheepishyarnbomb excited!

I was out seeing my mum on the Saturday afternoon, so she came with me and we chose a viewpoint that looks out over the Edinburgh skyline. It's in the woods so it's not totally out in the open, but it is on a popular dog walking path so I'm hopeful that a lot of people will see it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Getting my yarn bomb on at the Edinburgh viewpoint in Ratho #sheepishyarnbomb

Without me :p #sheepishyarnbomb

So as you can see the viewpoint looks out on the whole Edinburgh skyline. You can see the Pentland Hills and Arthur's Seat and Edinburgh Castle. I love the the view from up here.

Untitled

Untitled

I'm hoping a put my yarn bombing in a place that will mean it'll last a long time. I'll have to go and check on it. It was so much fun and I loved doing. If you've never done it before, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh a good yarn bomb!how did u attach yours?xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just sewed it on with a big needle and the same colour of wool. Hopefully strong enough so it stays on :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it... Now if I could only knit! :) I love your blog, just about every time I check in you make me laugh or smile. Thanks for sharing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you :D That's so nice to know other people are enjoying it :D x

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.