480 - New Year's Look

September 22, 2012
Okay we're not really that close to the end of the year, but really we are! Arg!

I've been stressing a lot lately about my New Year's Resolutions, mainly my Christmas ones. I was looking over them the other night and I just know I'm not going to finish all of them. Sigh.

But even worse than that I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself and making crafting stressful and not fun. Like just now when I'm making something for Donald's birthday, my head is going "why are you making this!?! You could be doing something for Christmas!". Yes I am insane.

So I thought I would take a look at my list and see what I think I can do and what I don't think I can, and then I'll hopefully feel better.

Read 50 books.
Doable. I've only got 10 left to read. Not worried about this one.

Make 25 Christmas items for 2012. 
Hmm, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do this. I really really really want to make a tree skirt for this year, and I'm planning on buying the wool for it next week. So I'll see how I go, but I'm not going to push myself. I'm also getting a couple of Christmas kits, but again, I don't want to rush. There will be a Christmas next year after all.

Make 10 craft kits. 
Only three left to go. Doable.

Draw/paint 10 things. 
Only a couple left to go. Doable.

Make 5 knitting projects. 
Only one left to go but I'm not sure if there's anything I want to knit.

Make 5 crochet projects. 
Four left but crochet takes a long time, so again I don't think I'll manage this one.

Make a quilt.
Nope. I've not even started (apart from save the t-shirts and research it online). I want to do this properly, so this might get pushed to next year's list.

Finish decorating my dolls house. 
Same as the quilt. I don't want to rush it. Plus I still need to buy some things to finish it off which I'm not sure I'll be able to get before the end of the year. Probably move to next year.

Get my gamer score to 15,000. 
Ha ha no! When you spend all your time crafting, there is no time to play Xbox. Ha ha!

Bake at least once a month.
Again, doable. Booked out so this will be easy. In fact I hopefully plan to bake tonight.

So it feels a bit better to get that off my chest, not that anyone probably cares apart from me. I've done loads this year and I'm really proud of it, but I don't to make craft shit by rushing stuff.

I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep going, but at a less manic pace. And who knows, I might tick a few more off before the end of the year.

Now here's a picture of a fat bunny so this post isn't all words! 

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.