Thursday, 20 September 2012

478 - Cake band

So I said I would finish it and I did! Woo!

I've had this cake band kit since last year, and due to the kit coming with wrong fabric, I had to wait till this year to get it done (and buy more Aida band myself). Cutting the Aida to fit the ribbon was really scary as I was convinced I had cut it wrong. 

Cake band

Cake band

This is what the band looks like wrapped round on itself, and as you can see it's pretty small (that was nothing to do with me, that was the size of the kit). So I'm not sure if it'll actually fit any cake I make, I might have to have a gap at the back ha ha!
Cake band

As you can see I also got cute little Christmas tree pins to hold it together at the back.
Cake band

So we'll see how it goes when I get round to making a Christmas cake (let's face it, it's not going to be on for very long is it?). As long as my cake turns out better than last year, we'll be off to a better start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment