Thursday, 13 September 2012

471 - Swallow cross stitch

So as you know from my past couple of work in progress posts I've been working on a cross stitch swallow kit that I bought from my lovely and talented friend Gina. I finally finished and framed it last night, and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Untitled

Untitled

In case you are wondering about the size, it's framed in a 10 inch hoop, so it's pretty big. I cut it out and stuck it on some nice fabric because the Aida it was stitched on was just too small for the hoop I wanted to use, so I decided to bond it on to other fabric.

Untitled

So here is it hanging on out the side of my bookcase (yup it's pretty much as wide as my bookcase). Loving it!

7 comments:

  1. that is absoutely gorgeous! love the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out. I dunno if you can tell in the photo but the outline is dark brown. Just so nice. The kit had a different set of colours that were two shades of red but I liked this better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute, how long did it take you? x

    www.littlemisslsponderings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I started it on holidays like three weeks ago but I've been doing other stuff too. Probably 4 or 5 sittings. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! How did you bond it on? Bondaweb? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used heat n bond, but the light sewable stuff as I didn't want it to go all hard in the hoop. It didn't work on some of the edges (the bits without stitches I think) so I just used some fabric glue to stick the edges down. :D x

    ReplyDelete