Thursday, 6 September 2012

464 - Knitting and cross stitch

So I've been busy! I love when I actually get things finished, though it does mean I  have less projects on the go, which makes me want to start new ones. Logical? No. I'm trying really hard to finish everything else before starting anything new this time.

So first up my scarf. Phew!

Scarf

This scarf is three times the length of the needles it was on, which made it nice and heavy the closer to the end I got.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, thought there are a couple of holes/crazy stitches in there that I could have done better. There is also this...

Scarf

Why is one end slanted like that and the other isn't? I have no idea. But it is. I could see it was like that on the needles but had no idea what to do about it. Oh well.

Scarf

I love the colours in this, and it does feel nice and snuggly, so hopefully it's actually warm when it's cold.

Secondly we have this Christmas garland, which I got free in Cross Stitcher on Monday night and couldn't resist starting!

Christmas garland

Christmas garland

Christmas garland

Christmas garland

It was quite quick and easy and now I have something else Christmassy! Woo! I wish I made all free kits this fast because then I wouldn't have any craft build up.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! Ive got faaar too many on the to do list. Did you just have to keep squishing the length onto the needle and hope it didnt fall off?! How did u cast on the individual lines of colour and join them? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yeah that was pretty much what I did. A lot of squishing!

    When I got to the end of a colour, I just joined the new one on with a slip knot. It's the only way I really know how to do it. Maybe not the neatest finish but hey ho! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that garland kit is so cute! I hope they have it for international readers, too, instead of giving us a sub kit. I love your scarf, too! The colors are spiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I can't wait to rock it in the colder weather! :) x

    ReplyDelete