Saturday, 11 August 2012

438 - Sneak Peek

So I thought I would let you have a little peek into the books that I bought the other day. As you know, dress making is something I've wanted to master for a while. I decided to buy a couple of books on the subject so that I could hopefully make the first step and actually try and make something.

The first book is The Colette Sewing Handbook: 5 Fundamentals for a Great Sewing Experience by Sarai Mitnick. I found this while looking through Amazon and it was recommended to me. Damn Amazon. 

It looked so pretty I couldn't say no.

Untitled

I like books that have a lot of photos to go with the instructions, and definitely seems to have that going for it.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The pictures of the tools and things you have to use are so pretty. It's such a lovely book I just want to stroke it.

Untitled

Untitled

The projects in it are really cute and really girly.

Untitled

And it comes with a huge pocket of patterns.
Untitled

Untitled


The next book is DIY Couture by Rosie Martin. I read a review of this book on Mr X Stitch a while ago and added it to my Amazon wish list right away.

The idea is that if you can learn to make the few basic items that they detail in the book, you can make a whole wardrobe out of them with a few alternations. I loved this idea.

Untitled

Untitled

As you can see, these are the technical variations of one item, so if you learn to make it once, you should be able to make it over and over again.

Untitled

Their are no pattens needed for this book and the instructions look clear and easy to follow. Again, lots of pictures to go along with the words, which I'm loving.

Untitled

The different items are split into collections, so this is one of them, made up of one of each of the items.
Untitled

So I'm really happy with both these books. They seem to make things really clear and they are just so beautiful. I love them! Hopefully I can get around to making something out of them soon. Eek!

0 comments:

Post a Comment