436 - Derby photos

August 09, 2012
So last week I went to Belfast to play roller derby. I have to say, I had a mixed amount of fun. I love derby but this bout was so hard. I mean I've only played three bouts in total but Belfast are a fucking solid team. Their walls were the things of dreams and that for a jammer was awful.

I had fun in the jams when I pivoted or blocked, but when I was jamming I felt totally useless. Of course, Belfast were just amazing, and all our jammers were having trouble getting through. But I felt I should have played better. I got annoyed and discouraged. I had a 10 second period where I just skated at the back of the pack, bracing myself to go back in (which I did). Then I came off track and cried. And refused to jam for fear of doing it again. Total idiot. But then I did jam again, got a power jam and scored 9 point. Woop! I was fighting to get through the walls. There are the pictures to prove it (and the minors I got and the bruises ha ha!).

So all in all, it was a mixed day. I'm glad I went and played the lovely Belfast girls, and hard walls and such just make me realise I need to work harder to be as awesome as I want to be.

ANYWAY! Now for the fun bit. Some of my favourite photos from the day.

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.