Monday, 30 July 2012

426 - Bake Once a Month July

Okay so you might think I'm cutting this a bit fine, but I actually baked these cakes last Sunday, it's just taken me this long to find a space in my posting planner to get this post in!

For this month's bake I decided to return to my beloved The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes & Muffins book. I picked chocolate cupcakes and decided to top them with cream cheese frosting (as I've never made it) and add a little pink food colouring as well. They also had some chocolate flakes on the top.

I also piped on the icing with my icing bag (a first for me) and I'm sure you'll agree it's a lot neater than previous attempts.


July baking

July baking

These were so yummy. I used Hershey's coco powder and the actual cakes were just so chocolaty and yummy. Will defo be making them again, but maybe with just normal icing or chocolate stuff. Delish.

3 comments: