Wednesday, 30 May 2012

365 - Hobbycraft

So I got £20 worth of Hobbycraft vouchers for my birthday from Donald's sister and I decided to take a trip up there at the weekend. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to buy, I just wanted to get some nice things.

I ended up spending £39! Oops! But really it was only £19 so it's all good.


hobbycraft goodies

First up I got this finger knitting kit. I've seen them in Hobbycraft before, but they were only £2.99 when I was there at the weekend, which I think was very cheap compared to what they were last time. I've not opened the box yet, but apparently you can make a lot of things with the kit like a scarf, a hat or a snood. I'm excited.

I also bought a flower press. I used to have one when I was little which my grandad made me. It wasn't the most even flower press I've ever seen and I think I got rid of it when I moved out of my mum's. However, I read on the Dainty Squid about pressing flowers and it got me thinking about it again, especially as I've started scrap booking. It's lovely and comes with frames, cards and key rings to mount the flowers. I'll do a more detailed post when I get round to use it. Exciting.

hobbycraft goodies

I got a piece of fabric with a lovely craft themed print on it. I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet, but it was in the clearance section and was so pretty.

I also got a clear stamping block for the alphabet stamps I got my birthday and two Christmas coaster kits which were only £1.49 each. I've done a little mosaic before but I never got round to grouting the other piece (a mirror) so I'm excited to try these.

hobbycraft goodies

Some lovely DMC effects thread. I picked some lovely colours that just jumped out at me. So cute. Can't wait to use them.

hobbycraft goodies

Possibly the most random buy of all way this paint by numbers kit. I had read, again on The Dainty Squid, quite recently about paint by numbers, and I do remember it was something I never really had the skills for as a child. I stumbled across some kits in Hobbycraft, and while I was looking for a smaller kit than this version, when I found out this was only £2.99 I was all over it.

We'll see how it goes but it wasn't too expensive so I'm not worried if I mess it up.

So I got quite a lot of crafts I've not tried before/not tried for a while. Exciting craft times ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Great buys and impressive that you're not frightened to try new things!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha trying new things is always fun and hobbycraft just inspires me to give things a go. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete