357 - Bake once a month - May

May 22, 2012
So...it had to happen at some point this year. With all this baking I've been doing, something had to go wrong eventually. And it happened last week, while I tried to make brownies.

I've never made brownies before. The recipe was from The Perfect Baking Cookbook by Next, and it was for white chocolate brownies with walnuts. Yum.

Here's what they were supposed to look like.

Currently baking these bad boys. Hope mine look this good.

And here's what mine looked like.

Untitled

Untitled

Not only are they totally wrong the colour, but it's clearly a cake and not a brownie. I blame our awful oven, though I'm still not sure why they're the wrong colour!

However, they do taste quite nice, but still not brownies. Grr! I may attempt brownies another month, but for now, I can still say, I've never really made brownies. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I got a brownie recipie from the Good Food website, and whilst they take a while to make the instructions are really extensive and easy to follow and the brownies are amazing!

    PS Heat them up a wee bit and have with a dob of ice cream. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so gutted, I thought Brownies would be easy! I'm blaming the book as there was nothing brown enough that it told me to put in to make them look like their picture! Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of it this way... you made blondies and you know what they say...blondies have more fun or gentlemen prefer blondies... :)

    The mistakes are what make the successes that much sweeter so really they aren't mistakes!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.