338 - Bout number 2!

May 03, 2012
So as you know, I played in my second bout about a week and a half ago, guest skating for the lovely Fair City Rollers from Perth in their bout against Aberdeen's Granite City Rollers.

I have to say, I had a lot of fun, though I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I was for my first bout with Fierce Valley. I spent most of the bout blocking, apart from one jam where I did get to jam (against Clinically Wasted, who if you don't know, plays for Team Scotland, so I had no chance!). I have to say, I'm not used to just blocking all the time, and even though I only jammed three times in my first bout, it felt like a lot more.

I think I feel more confident as a jammer than a blocker, not that I'm saying I'm an amazing jammer. But when you're jamming your job is simple. Get through the pack, do it fast and do it more times than the other jammer. I think sometimes my brain gets muddled when I'm in the pack and so much stuff is going on. But it is my aim to be an awesome jammer and have more confidence in myself to actually go in for hits without thinking "what's the point I'll just fall over mid-hit". Ha ha!

Anyway, I've picked some of my favourite pictures from the bout so you can take a peek at me in action. Bouts are awesome fun if terribly scary at the same time, and I highly recommend you go and see one if there is a team playing near you.

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via






No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.