Thursday, 26 April 2012

330 - Knitting

Last night I finished my first knitting project of the year! This is a big step for me, because knitting proves a problem for me. I mastered the knit stitch last year, and even made a scarf, but the purl stitch was not too good.

I don't know if I ever showed you, but last year I made this swatch of purl stitch and it took me forever (and my mum helped me a lot!).

Knitting

After that I was convinced I would never be able to do the purl stitch, but when I saw a pattern for a knitted hair bow in Let's Knit, I decided I had to learn! After many starts and stops and mistakes, my mum watched what I was doing and found out what I was doing wrong. When I was purling I was coming up and under the wool instead of down and under it. So I was like...reverse knit stitching? God knows! Either way it made it wrong.

I restarted the hair bow on Monday night and finished it last night with no mistakes! BOOM! I think I can officaily purl stitch! Thanks mum!

Now, my tension isn't the best, so it turned out a bit bigger at one end than the other. Also it's quite a Lady Gaga hair piece, but if you've seen me in real life, you'll know I have some pretty HUGE hair bows as it is.

So check it out and don't laugh at it too much! Whether I wear it much or not, it's still the first thing I've knitted with purl stitch and with no mistakes. Boom!

Knitted hair bow

Knitted hair bow

Knitted hair bow

Knitted hair bow

0 comments:

Post a Comment