Wednesday, 25 April 2012

329 - 20 Steps to the Perfect Kitchen Part 1

If there is one room in the house that I love buying things for more than anything it's the kitchen! If I ever go charity shop shop, or pop into Ikea, chances are I'm coming out with something for the kitchen. I just love it!

Right now we have quite a small kitchen, which doesn't have the biggest amount of space and is lacking in a window (though we do have a sky light).

Lately I've been dreaming what I would be like to have my own house, that we actually owned, and I know the room I would make amazing would be the kitchen! Trying to decide what to post about kitchen lust wise was quite hard, as there is so much out there! So I thought I would break it down into a series! Some will be crafty things and some will just be lovely kitchen things. I'm going to do 5 sections per post, and only allow myself 5 pictures per section, or I could literally go on for hours!

So for the next few Wednesdays, we'll be looking at my 20 steps to the perfect kitchen. A girl can but dream!

Step 1: Cute pictures on the wall.

I am desperate to get some pictures up on the wall in our kitchen. As we're not allowed to put any nails or hooks up that aren't already there, there isn't room to have more than one hanging up right now. When I get my own place, all of this will change!

Source: flickr.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Step 2: Cute fabrics!

Things like tea towels, tea cozies, pot holders and the like should all be ridiculously cute and if possible have a food/kitchen theme!



Source: momtastic.com via Kim on Pinterest








Step 3: Place settings.

We don't use our table very much right now, because we are lazy. There is no other reason for it. Sitting on the couch seems a lot easier than laying the table (and setting ours up as it folds away). I dream of having a kitchen big enough to be set up all the time, and I would love to have different things to put on it depending on the occasion (especially Christmas!).



Source: ravelry.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: purlbee.com via Kim on Pinterest




Step 4: Shopping.

Going food shopping is obviously an important task to keep the kitchen running. Having some awesome shopping bags is a must, and I always take my bags for life to the supermarket.

Source: sewmamasew.com via Kim on Pinterest




Source: reuseit.com via Alyssa on Pinterest






Step 5: Fake food.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like having fake food around the kitchen. Right now I have some little crochet cakes on my recipe book shelf, but I would love to add more to the collection. Fake food, especially if it has a face, is a must!

Source: craftsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: etsy.com via Kim on Pinterest


Source: knithacker.com via Kim on Pinterest




Source: mrxstitch.com via Kim on Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. Where's the sublime stitching post gone?! Im intrigued about the bundle?! I wanna do an apron! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that's for next week. Did it pop up? Doh! Stupid blogger

    ReplyDelete