I got the recipe for this from fellow roller girl Fee, who once made this and brought it to practise, and it was the best thing ever!
What you need:
- 4 big ripe bananas
- 3 oz butter
- 6 oz castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz self raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of milk
- A massive handful of mixed choc chips (cover in flour before adding to final mix and they wont sink to bottom while cooking)
- 2 handfuls of chopped pecans.
- In a seperate bowl roughly mash bananas making sure you still have nice big chunks of banana as well as the mush.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour, salt, eggs and then banana, fold in well.
- Add a splash of milk to slightly loosen the mix, then fold in the choc and pecans.
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin and bake in hot oven 190 degrees or gas 5 for about an hour or so or until the loaf is golden brown and springy and shrinking slightly from the side of the tin.
- Turn out to cool and try (and fail) to not eat it before it cools down!
It was a little burnt around the edges, which was more due to my oven being a dick and leaving stuff raw in the middle even when it's cooked on the outside. But, it was yummy, and even my mum liked it, which is a big compliment!