Saturday, 24 March 2012

298 - I want to craft like this...

As you will know, I love to embroider. I don't think I'm amazing at it, as my stitch of choice is 99% of the time the back stitch (for fear of trying something else and fucking it up) but I love doing it all the same. And I love how things looked when they are all stitched and finished. It's cool knowing that anything you can draw or trace, you can stitch!

A type of embroidery style craft that I would love to be able to do are the applique style hoops. Love & A Sandwich rocks at these type of hoops, and obviously Lucky Jackson's 365 Project uses this method too.

Check out some of these awesome example if you're still not sure what I mean.

























I would love to try this technique and make a nice hoop for myself. I'm currently in the process of stitching up some Easter tea towels, but after that I would love to try this, even if it's just a simple design. I have enough felt kicking about!

4 comments:

  1. The felt ones look awesome (I love the clouds in particular), look forward to seeing your experiments with felt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The felt ones look awesome (I love the clouds in particular), look forward to seeing your experiments with felt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all!!IEspecially the portrait ones though!I keep considering trying this but get scared!I love crafts with felt and fabrics too!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just seem to give it that something extra eh! Everything looks so good. I need to give it a try. I defo think something Xmas themed would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete