296 - Bake once a month - March

March 22, 2012
Well apparently this post went up at 9 o'clock and was blank. How fun is that? Stupid blogger.

Anyway, tonight I got on my bake once a month New Year's Resolution and made marshmallow cupcakes from my The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes & Muffins book.

I have to say, they were so much hassle, I don't know if I would make them again. Basically you had to melt some big marshmallows over a pan of water until they melted, and then put a little melted marshmallow in a hollowed out bit of the cake.

I don't know if you've ever melted marshmallows, but they are the stickiest things in the world. This took me forever, and most of the marshmallow ended up on my hands. Also I fear for it coming of my bowl. Also, the icing required 200g of mini marshmallows. I had a small bag, which I assumed would be enough, but the bag was only 180g! Even then, I still though there was far too much in the icing (and I like a lot of icing!).

Marshmallow cupcake

Marshmallow cupcakes

They are however, very yummy! I wanted to make chocolate and banana bread but I went shopping for supplies before I got the recipe I wanted from a fellow roller girl, so that will be my baking task in April.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.