295 - Wild Olive Embroidery Swap

March 21, 2012

So, as you know, I'm taking part in Wild Olive's embroidery swap. I'm very excited to get a lovely piece of embroidery from whoever my partner is and I'm been watching the Flickr group and trying to guess which piece is mine.

I feel I can show my piece off because a lot of people have listed owls as their favourite things, so I doubt my partner will know how they are.

Wild Olive Embroidery swap

All the patterns are from Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection by Aimee Ray, and I've been dying to stitch something from her books for ages now! Her designs are so cute and I liked mixing and matching all the little designs into one larger piece.

I also finished an embroidery hoop for the first time, which was quite stressful as I didn't like the idea of putting hot glue near my stitching. I used the technique I found in last month's issue of Cross Stitcher and it seemed to work quite well. I usually just pop my embroidery in a frame.

Back of embroidery. First finished hoop.

I'm very happy with how it turned out! I'm going to pop it in the post on Saturday and hope my partner likes it as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Happy to be done and on track! Can't wait to get my piece now :)

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.