Monday, 19 March 2012

292 - Mother's Day

So, you may have noticed no blog posts over the weekend. I was spending so much of my time trying to get my Mother's Day gift finished that I didn't really have time to blog about anything, but I got it finished and spent a lovely day with my mum yesterday, so I thought I should show you the goods.

First up we have this Guess How Much I Love You cross stitch. I started this out on evenweave and I have to say, I hated it. It was driving me mental. Check out this picture, and look how small it would have turned out if I'd kept going on the evenweave. Glad I swapped to aida.

P2120001

So here's the finished product. I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed with how it turned out. Probably the best piece of cross stitch I've ever done.

Guess How Much I Love You cross stitch


I also made this small cross stitch frame, which I got free in a cross stitch magazine (I forget which one).


Cross stitch frame

My hands are a bit of a wreck from a weekend of heavy crafting, but I'm happy with how everything looked when it was done.

Oh and I also have my iPhone now, so I've spent a lot of time playing on that! It's the best.

4 comments:

  1. Well done!!Your stitching looks amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love how cute they turned out! Took forever though! But very happy with the result. Next time I tackle bigger project, I'll try and get them done more in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Where did you find the pattern? Am looking for some 'Guess How Much...' cross stitch patterns, but am having trouble finding them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I got this one from a storybook cross stitch book I got out the charity shop. I know the magazine cross stitcher had some this year too. :)

    ReplyDelete