Tuesday, 13 March 2012

290 - Smashing.

So a little while ago I read this post from Miss Kirsty on Smash Books. I have to say this was the first I had heard of it, and while I thought everything she had bought was nice, I'm not really into scrapbooking.

The other day, I was browsing through her blog again, and I actually watching the promotional video featured in the post.



If you haven't seen this video yet, I suggest you watch it! Though warning! It will make you want to spend a lot of money on scrapbooking stuff.

While I say I'm not into scrapbooking, I actually keep a sort of art journal/scrapbook just now which is my owl book (a nice owl print notebook from Paperchase) which I've been writing in for a couple of years now. I had a phase of writing/snipping things into it all the time, but since I got my job, I've not been spending as much time on it, though I'd quite like to finish it before I go onto something else.

I also have my sketch book, though I've still got a brand new one which is yet to be drawn in! Shocking!

So my plan is, once I've finished off my owl book, I'm going to treat myself to a Smash Book. I was thinking of doing an art journal a while ago anyway, but again, the fact my owl book sat half full put me off.

I've decided I would like a Smash Book in time for my birthday (which is on the 20th of May) so I can start it to mark my 25th year. Exciting times. And that gives me a little time to 1) Finish my owl book and 2) save up some lovely money to buy Smash Book and all the nice things to go with it.

So, without further ado, here at some of the things I have been lusting over! (All images via Crafts U Love.)







2 comments:

  1. THANKSSSS Kim!!! All my pay which should be going into savings will now be going on Smash! Ive got lots of little bits that I keep (ie from holiday and stuff), wondering what I should be doing with them (whether to frame them etc). Ive uhmmed and ahhhed about whether a book would just end up gathering dust, but actually, I think it'll be the perfect thing to be kept to show your children or to look back on.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha sorry! I had the exact same reaction. I don't scrapbook too much but I would like too and then I saw all this! It's so pretty and video just makes it look amazing :D Yeah I'll need to wait till next month to buy it though as I'm already skint :P x

    ReplyDelete