Saturday, 31 December 2011

231 - New New Year's Resolutions.

When I started this blog back in February 2011, it was mainly due to seeing a lot of people doing New Year's resolutions and I wanted to get involved. It took me to February to really get my butt in gear and do it, and I decided the best way to ensure my butt stayed in the right gear was to start a blog to keep track of it all.

Well I think it's worked, and as the last day of 2011 is upon us I thought I should share my New Year's Resolutions for 2012 with you (you can see the final update of 2011's list tomorrow).

Last year I had 30 resolutions which covered things I really wanted to do and things I thought might be quite nice. This year I've decided to focus on 20 and really pick the things I really want to do. Some of my 30 didn't even get started last year, so what's the point in creating a huge list.

So here are my 2012 New Year's Resolutions (you'll also be able to find them in the sidebar tab tomorrow when I replace last year's list).

  1. Read 50 books.
  2. Watch 50 movies I haven't seen.
  3. Make 25 Christmas items for 2012. 
  4. Make 10 craft kits. 
  5. Finish my Batman tableware set.
  6. Draw/paint 10 things. 
  7. Make 10 perler bead creations. 
  8. Make 10 mood boards.
  9. Make 5 cross stitch creations. 
  10. Make 5 embroidery projects. 
  11. Make 5 knitting projects. 
  12. Make 5 crochet projects. 
  13. Make 5 sewing projects. 
  14. Make 5 pieces of jewellery.
  15. Make a quilt.
  16. Finish decorating my dolls house. 
  17. Try 3 new crafts I've never done before. 
  18. Get my gamer score to 15,000. 
  19. Play in a public roller derby bout.
  20. Bake at least once a month. 
Some items from last years list have made it back on, either because I didn't manage them but thought I should have been able to (like reading 50 books) or I had so much fun doing them and found them very rewarding (like making many craft kits to get my skills up).

I was going to have another "keep up my blog" resolution on here, but I don't think I need it now, as it's just become habit. I head it in my head/said somewhere I wanted to blog at least 10 times a month, and I've managed to do that since I started Skates and Stitches so I'm happy. 

I aiming to have everything on this list ticked off by this time next year! Wish me luck!

      3 comments:

      1. You can bake once a month at the ARRG bouts ;)

        ReplyDelete
      2. Good luck with your resolutions, I like them, they're good & make me happy.

        Have a fantastic start to 2012. x

        ReplyDelete
      3. Ha ha but then I wouldn't get to eat them Connie!

        Thanks! I like having stuff to work towards :)

        ReplyDelete