Sunday, 13 November 2011

202 - Knitting

First knitted square

This may not look like much, but it is the first knitting project I have ever completed!

Yes, it's not exactly the most complicated design in the world, but it is baby's first swatch from Stitch n Bitch, and is designed to get you to knit a square properly and not drop or pick up any stitches (which is what I tend to do).

The square was 20 stitches with 30 rows, and the goal was to go at least 10 rows without making a mistake. I managed to do the whole thing with the intended 20 stitches. I'm so happy. And I managed to bind off and sew my ends in. It looks pretty good, well for a square anyway.

So while it might not look like much, it is my first completed knitted project, and it shall live in my knitting bag from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment in my blog!

    I have a lot of christmas patterns and I took out my favourites. All of the christmas cross stitch I have done is going to be christmas cards to my and my boyfriends family. Every little free time I get I´m holding a needle in my hand.

    Sorry for my bad english but I hope you understand what I mean. I like your blog and what you have done. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I'm exactly the same! Trying to stitch all my xmas cards is a very hard task! :) Hopefully people will appreciate our effort :)

    And thanks so much :D

    ReplyDelete