Sunday, 6 November 2011

197 - It was a rock lobster!

It was my workmates/actual mate Jodi's birthday on Saturday, so on Thursday night I decided to craft him something for his birthday (basically so my craft will take over the office one day).

Rock lobster embriodery

One of Jodi's favourite songs to put on the work playlist is Rock Lobster by the B-52's, so I decided to make an embroidery with that.

I did a couple of things I haven't done before with this. I think this was the first time I had stitched with any of the orange thread I own and I also transferred the pattern with a transfer pencil. I have to say, I loved the pencil! I've heard some bad things about it, but I found it much easier to control than the pen (no random blotching) and because it was really sharp, the lines were really fine. Loved it!

1 comments:

  1. I love this! Rock Lobster's one my favorite B-52's songs.

    ReplyDelete