183 - They all float...

October 17, 2011
So, it's finally done. My piece for the Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches contest is done!

As you know, I picked Stephen King's IT as my book for the piece, so I'll just let the photos speak for themselves.

Stephen King's IT for Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches Contest
Finished piece


Stephen King's IT for Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches Contest
Close up on bottom of piece


Stephen King's IT for Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches Contest
Close up on text


Stephen King's IT for Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches Contest
Close up of welly. Lots of fill stitch!


Stephen King's IT for Feeling Stitchy's Covered in Stitches Contest
Finished piece in the frame! Love it!

Here's what I wrote to go with my piece:

"My entry for the contest is my design of a book cover for Stephen King's horror novel IT. I took the idea from a number of different covers for the book I have seen over the years.


I wanted the blocks of colour of Georgie's rain wear, the clown in the gutter and the balloon to stand out the most, so everything else (like Georgie's actual leg, the sail boat and the street) were done quite plain and basic to make the colours stand out more.


I stitched the piece on a grey fabric to represent the gloomy, stormy day that these events take place on."

Now I have to wait and see what happens with it, and I might even win some sexy prizes. Either way I'm extremely happy with my piece, and it will now decorate my living room in a lovely fashion.

There's still plenty of time for you to enter if you have the stitching bug, so head over to Feeling Stitchy and get involved!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.