Tuesday, 13 September 2011

156 - Covered in stitches

Covered in Stitches - A Feeling Stitchy Contest

Now I haven't taken part in something Feeling Stitchy for a while now. I love their monthly stitch alongs but for the past couple of months I haven't felt I've had the time to take part in them (even though I would like to go back and do the ones I've missed because I love them all so much - if I have the time that is).

In fact, I haven't actually done much embroidery for a while as I've been doing a lot of cross stitch, but today I noticed this go up on Feeling Stitchy's Facebook page.

It's a competition called Covered in Stitches and is inspired by the amazing stitched book covers which I'm sure you'll all have seen by now.

Image via

Basically you have to stitch a book cover, or a piece inspired by the book in question and then upload it to their flickr group for the chance to win some AMAZING prizes! (Full details can be found here.)

The best part is you can even do text books and comic books, anything in book form, it doesn't have to be a novel. I could not be more excited about this. I adore stitching and books, so this is the perfect competition for me.

Entries don't have to be in until November so I should have lots of time to work on this, though right now I'm definitely sure that my book design is going to be something Stephen King because I think it would be amazing! So I'll be spending a little while thinking about what my design/actual book is going to be, and when I start making progress, I'll start posting pictures!

I think everyone should take part in this, it's going to be a lot of fun!

2 comments: