Sunday, 11 September 2011

155 - Stitchy fun.

So I said I hadn't been blogging much because I had actually been doing TOO MUCH craft. Madness I know, but it's true. And I can finally show you pictures of the things because I've given them to the people they were for.

First of all I made another two of the I <3 gin cross stitches because I had a couple of derby girls ask for them.

Another gin cross stitch for a derby girl, in green and pink

Another gin cross stitch for another derby girl, in purple and pink

Then I got an invite to my Aunt's silver wedding last week and decided rather than stitch a card, I would stitch a present this time. I picked what was supposed to be a honeymoon sampler from one of my Jo Verso books and just adapted it a little. I then mounted it on some red flowery fabric and popped it in a frame. Done!

Anniversary sampler for my Aunt

Anniversary sampler for my Aunt

I have to say, I am so chuffed with how it turned out! This was the biggest thing I have ever stitched, and I think it looks quite good. So while it was quite scary, I don't think I'll be as scared about taking on bigger project in the future, as this turned out brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment