145 - Craft community

August 18, 2011
One thing I've noticed since I've started doing my blog is that people from the craft community are amazing. Everyone is keen to help each other out and I think that's great.

A while ago I had bought a cross-stitch kit off eBay minus the chart and the lovely Cider with Sophie rushed to my rescue and scanned me the pattern. As you'll have read further down, I did this again this week. I just can't resist a cheap cross-stitch kit.

I posted my dilemma on Twitter, Cross Stitcher's Facebook page and Cross Stitch Crazy's Facebook page. After finding a picture and EVENTUALLY finding what issue it was from, I got a couple offers from some lovely fellow stitchers. I can now say I have the pattern for my Christmas cat sitting in my inbox, so thanks to everyone who offered help on the crafty Facebook pages! So now I can get on it and stitch up my cat in plenty of time for Christmas.

On another Facebook related note, I won a competition on Cross Stitch Crazy's Facebook page for being their 5000's fan! Very happy! I'll let you know what my awesome prize is when I get it.

1 comment:

  1. Awh bless you, thanks! I know what you mean though, it 's great to have that sense of community via blogs which is lacking else where in the craft world. xxx

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.