Sunday, 31 July 2011

133 - Holidays!

So I returned from my holidays yesterday! It was great fun. We only went to England, which isn't too far away from Edinburgh, but it was really nice, and it's one of my favourite parts of the country. Love it (and you can get lots of yummy fish to eat too, which is always good in my book).

So here are some lovely holiday type updates.

I bought books. A lot of books. I love books. I think everyone knows that. I went to a lot of charity shops, and the lovely second hand book store Barter Books. It was lovely. I also stole a couple of Donald's mum and sister that they were going to trade in. So here's the list (I didn't buy as many as last year, so I think I was doing well).

  • The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.
  • The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman.
  • Interview with the vampire by Anne Rice.
  • The Death and Life of Charlie St.Cloud by Ben Sherwood.
  • The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern.
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon.
  • Dolores Claborne by Stephen King.
  • The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux.
  • Pet Semetaty by Stephen King.
  • Thinner by Stephen King.
  • The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.
Now I have to say I am doing something slightly bad on the book front, and I want to say sorry in advance. A while ago I was given a free copy of Nothern Lights, and I was supposed to pass it on for other people to read. Fine I thought. I've always wanted to read the His Dark Materials triology, and so while I was on holiday I had a look for them. I bought the third one (and am hopefully getting the second one from Donald's sister) and I almost bought the Golden Compass, until I realised that it was the same book as Northern Lights. So I swifty put the Golden Compass back, very happy that I already owned one of the books. However, this means if I really like the triology as much as I hope I will, I might have to be a fail and keep my copy of Northern Lights. I guess we'll see.
    Then after books, my love is obviously craft. I bought some lovely craft things. I got this nice embroidery kit.

    P7300003

    I also got a couple of books, including a lovely Celtic transfer pattern book and Jo Verso's Cross Stitch Year. I already have a Jo Verso book and I love her stuff. Her people are so cute. I found some lovely patterns in this book, which urged me to buy it, including some Halloween cuties and some Snow White characters too.

    P7300007

    P7300008

    P7300009

    P7300010

    And on a crafty note, I also did three cross stitch kits. Phew, busy week, but I think they all turned out lovely.
    Royal Guard cross stitch


    Fox cross stitch


    Crab cross stitch

    Finally, I came home to find my mum had bought me some lovely new seat covers for my car, Mulder. Okay, so Donald doesn't like them, but I love them. My car is now pretty much as Hello Kitty as it can get.

    P7300001

    P7300002

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment