Thursday, 28 July 2011

130 - ARRG Roller Derby

So, for those of you who don't live in Edinburgh, the Festival Fringe is coming up. It's basically the giant festival (mainly comedy) that takes over the city for a few weeks at the end of the summer. There are shows of every type you can image, and a lot of them are free too, so you don't need to worry about spending lots of money (though a lot of the clubs get to stay open till 5am during the festival, so you may end up spending it all anyway).


I think I'll be checking out if there is anything craft related at the fringe this year (though I know it may be a long shot, but hey, we get some weird stuff here.)


Edinburgh fills up with people from all over the world (even more so that usual), so the city can be very busy it times (especially seeing as it's teamed with the school summer holidays), but if you like that sort of thing, then it's fun. While I'm not too big on the Fringe (a lot of people on the Royal Mile handing out flyers and EVERYTHING is busy to the extreme), there are two events I will definitely be attending this year, and that is the two fringe bouts by my lovely derby team the Auld Reekie Roller Girls (ARRG).

If you live in Edinburgh, or are going to be in the area for these bouts, then come along, because they are going to be awesome! I'm very excited!

Image via
Image via

0 comments:

Post a Comment