Monday, 25 July 2011

127 - Raverly...am I really behind?

So, I might be a bit behind the times, but I just discovered what I think is an amazing site called Ravelry. Have you seen it? Are you part of it?

I found it while I was looking at a Harry Potter golden snitch knitting pattern and it seemed like one of the most amazing ideas ever. You know I love free patterns right? Well this site is full of them.

It's basically a community site for knitters and crocheters (which maybe explains why I've missed out on it till now, because I still can't knit or crochet properly).

You can sign in, find free patterns (though there are ones that you can buy too), keep track of the patterns you're tackling, upload photos of your own projects, keep track of your supplies and generally just talk to other crafty people. So while you can keep track of what projects you're taking part in, you can also see how many other people are attempting it too. It's amazing.

I totally look forward to learning how to knit or crochet properly so that I can properly take part in this, because it looks like a lot of fun.

In the meantime, here are some of the coolest free patterns I found on the site.

Tiny sandwich and drink.

Image via
Totoro knitted toy.

Image via
Badger puppet.

Image via

Tardis socks.

Image via
C3PO.

Image via
Ood plush.

Image via

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE RAVELRY!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH! SUCH a great way of storing your favourites and patterns for later! Have you been on cut out and keep? That's not as good, but I still like it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I've seen cut out and keep, it's quite good. I was quite excited by the amount of geeky knitting patterns on this.

    ReplyDelete