Wednesday, 20 July 2011

122 - Craft envy

You know how when you look at something else someone has made you just think "wow, I wish I could make that somewhere near as good."

I've been having that a lot lately. I think it's because I've not been crafting for the past couple of weeks due to everything being in boxes, but I've definitely been feeling it.

However, I think it simply makes me want to be better at the things I do, so that I can hopefully get up to this level of awesome myself.

So here are a few that I have been very jealous of lately. I may have mentioned a few of these before, but hey, I love the blogs I love.

The Mad Crafter.

If I could crochet anywhere near as good as this girl I would be extremely happy. Not only are her skills amazing, but she makes the most random, geeky little things I have ever seen, and I would be very happy to own a few of them. She does custom orders, so she has a wide range of little lovelies on her blog for you to look at. I have definitely talked about this blog before, but scrolling through all the things she's made just makes me want to finally master crochet so badly there are no words!

Image via
Image via
Image via
Spooky Pooky Creations.

I actually found this blog through the Mad Crafter blog. Some of the plushies are too cute. Her sewing skills are just amazing, and some of the fabric is just brilliant. She also makes gadget cases, which even though I have a million of, I seriously want some more now!

Image via
Image via
Image via
Little Dear Tracks.

Little Dear Tracks actually wrote the Doodle Stitch embroidery books that I have lovingly placed on my bookshelf at home. While I am yet to make anything with the patterns (as I have a lot of choice in that department) I do love them. They are so cute, made with lovely colours and just darling. The items she makes for sale in her store are pretty much the same, from little plushies to Blythe doll dresses.

woodland headbands!
Image via


this week's NŌMs :)
Image via


Image via


Arcade Art.

So the last one is not a blog but a lovely little etsy shop that I love for one reason. I love perler beads, and have recently rediscovered my love for making things with them. They make some awesome Doctor Who based perler bead characters, and it makes me wish I was clever enough to make up my own patterns like that. They do make other items too, but it's the Doctor Who that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Image via
Image via
Image via

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your selection. I am mad about arigurumi, and bought the ewok pattern (wicket) for my husband to make.
    I love doodle stitch, like you I have it and adore flicking through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just such a pretty book right? Lovely patterns. I want to make lots of kitchen based things with it :P

    I really need to learnt to crochet better and then I can branch out into arigurumi :)

    ReplyDelete