Thursday, 9 June 2011

103 - Sick craft times

I don't just mean amazing crafts (totally sick dude), I mean I was actually ill and I used the time to craft. I've been ill since Sunday (two missed skate sessions this week = not happy) and I was off work on Tuesday and Wednesday (god knows why I dragged my ass in on Monday of all days).

So while I was wallowing around the flat about being ill, missing skating and the fact we now have to move house (our landlord is selling our flat, so we're getting kicked out on the 6th of August. Sigh) I got my craft on. Have a peek.

Cross stitch card and gift tag for my Dad
Father's Day card and gift tag cross stitch

Pinhead finger puppet
Pinhead from Hellraiser finger puppet


Marge Simpson perler beads
Marge Simpson perler bead character via. I may have done one bead wrong around her boobs. Oops.

So while being off ill wasn't the best thing in the world, it did give me a lot of time to craft. I have many other things I want to make, I wish I had the time to sit down and do them all in a row.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you were massively productive! When I'm sick, I usually just sort of stare at the TV or play DS games badly, so I really admire you. The stitching on the Father's Day card is excellent, and the Marge Simpson looks great in perler- your colors are so bright and fun looking! I don't think I'm coherent enough to blog tonight, but it should be featured tomorrow or Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks miss! I started making Sookie but I didn't have any skin colour to do her flesh, so I might have to buy some before I do her. Aww thanks miss, I love doing your patterns, so geeky and awesome. I wanted to do the nurse from Kill Bill but I wasn't sure how to get her eye patch to work in perler, so I might just actually stitch her :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to make that work, either, short of just grabbing a red sharpie and drawing the cross on, though I did find some red wire that could work somehow. :S I ended up just using her to stitch, too, and perlering some fighting game rubbish instead. ^^;

    ReplyDelete