100 - Learnt to cross stitch?

Okay, so you may have seen from my New Year list update yesterday that I had decided on way to mark whether I had learnt a craft or not. I decided once I have made 5 completed project for that craft, I would count as having learnt how to do it.

Obviously I won't have learnt everything I need by then, but I'll have picked up the basics enough to make stuff in the future.

I went to update my list for the next time, as I'd already published yesterday, and discovered I've done 5 completed cross stitch project (and I'm in the middle of another one right now for Father's Day). While I in no way think this means I've fully learnt the craft, I do think I can do it a hell of a lot better than I could when I started. And with all the books and magazines I've bought, I'll definitely be doing a lot more of it and learning a lot more too.

So here are the 5 completed things I've done so far (which you'll have seen already). The Jack Russell at the bottom is definitely my best effort. Do you think I can cross stitch now? A girl can dream.

Cross stitch keyring

Kitty cross-stitch

Thank you card

Cross stitch pin cushion

Jack Russell stitched card

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.