96 - Happy Towel Day

Happy Towel Day everyone. In case you didn't know, Towel Day celebrates the late author Douglas Adams who wrote the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. You're supposed to carry a towel around with you all day to mark the occasion. I thought I would dedicate this post to the day, because geeky things are awesome.

However, this does remind me of quite a sad story.

Image via
See this little guy here? It's a knitted version of Marvin from the movie. If you're seen it, it's when their ship is going crazy and they end up in a knitted state for a couple of minutes. So cute right? They did a whole range of them, but I like Marvin the best. He's on the American Amazon site for $39.99. One day I was in a shop and I saw him, for something insane like £3 and obviously snapped him up right away. However, when I got the till they told me he was coming up as void, and they weren't allowed to sell me him! What! I bet they threw him out or something, seemed totally pointless. So I didn't get him, and I'm not paying $40 for him. Sigh. I'll keep my eyes out for a slightly cheaper one, but let me just say I hate you Big W and I'm glad you're now shut!

Anyway, here's some nice themed crafts. Enjoy!

Image via
Image via

Image via

Image via

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.