74 - Knitting and shopping

So today was the Royal Wedding. I didn't care about it at all until today. In fact I believe I re-tweeted something about not giving a fuck. Considering the amount of news about it and the amount of blog posts and press releases I had to write related to the Royal Wedding, I was getting really sick of it. However, my mum wanted me to watch it with her, so I said I would go over and watch it.

When I woke up this morning, they were talking about it non-stop on the radio (my alarm clock) about it so I had to stick on the TV and see what all the fuss was about. So yes, I went out and watched the whole thing with my mum and it was quite fun. I guess wedding perving is always fun. But I wouldn't have flew from America and camped out for two days to watch it. Just saying.

So anyway, while the wedding was on, I was attempting some knitting with the help of my Stitch n Bitch book. I took my knitting stuff with me because my mum can knit, and I was hoping she could help me if I got stuck (which I did and she did). Before I could knit, but I couldn't cast on or finish off. So here's my first attempt at just practising a square. I dropped some stitches here and there, and I didn't finish it off totally (so I could save the wool), but here it is anyway.

P4290001

That random loop on the left was me trying to knit and watch the Royal Wedding at the same time. Not a good idea. I'm optimistic about it though, as this turned out a lot better than my first attempts at crocheting. 

Then me and my mum went for lunch at Ikea (hot dogs and ice cream) and then went shopping. Here's what I picked up.


P4290002

P4290003

P4290004

The hedgehog is a tea cosy. Love it. I already have two tea cosies, which my boyfriend thinks we don't need, but we do have a teapot, so we might need them. Anyway, he was so cute, I couldn't not get him. And he looks so crafty and lovely. I also picked up this yummy recipe book for £4.99 and 4 zips (hopefully for my Sharpies case) for £1.51. Sweet deal. 

If you're bored tonight, why not head over to Feeling Stitchy and check out their round-up post about the April Stitch-along (yes I might be featured on it). Or how about checking out Searching for Serendipity's MASSIVE competition.  Get involved and you could win a tonne of prizes. 

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the knitting madam! I have the stitch n bitch Crochet one. So far I can do a chain stitch but im struggling to move forward from there! LOL.

    Lovely purchases! I never know if a tea cosy has much use? Is it simply to keep the tea pot with remaining tea in warm until you drink more? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kniited a much bigger square last night but at one end dropped like 2 stitches and ended up with like an extra 5 :P all at one end. but the other end looked lovely. Yeah I have the crochet one too and I'm the same. My mum is trying to help me with it but I find it harded.

    Yeah that's what they're for. I used to read tea leaves quite a lot, so I used to use a tea cozy then, but this one was just too cute, even if I don't use him :P

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.